Centrepoint is a charity dedicated to helping young people in the UK who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Founded in 1969, Centrepoint’s mission is to provide young people with the skills, support and stability they need to lead independent and fulfilling lives. Centrepoint works with homeless young people aged 16-25, providing them with a safe place to stay and access to education, training and employment opportunities.
Centrepoint’s Support Services
Centrepoint provides a variety of support services to help young people in need. These include:
- Accommodation – Centrepoint provides accommodation for young people in need, ranging from supported housing to emergency shelters.
- Life Skills – Centrepoint provides life skills training to help young people develop the skills they need to live independently.
- Employment – Centrepoint helps young people access employment opportunities, including apprenticeships and work placements.
- Education – Centrepoint provides access to education and training, including GCSEs and A-Levels.
- Health and Wellbeing – Centrepoint provides support for young people dealing with mental health issues, as well as drug and alcohol addiction.
- Counselling – Centrepoint provides counselling services to help young people cope with challenging experiences.
- Citizenship – Centrepoint supports young people in becoming active and engaged citizens.
Since its inception, Centrepoint has helped thousands of young people in the UK. Centrepoint has received numerous awards and accolades, including the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service and the Big Society Award. Centrepoint’s work was also recognised by the Queen in 2013, when she visited one of Centrepoint’s hostels in London.
How You Can Help
Centrepoint relies on donations from individuals and organisations to continue its work. There are several ways to support Centrepoint, including:
- Donating – You can make a one-off donation or a regular gift to Centrepoint.
- Fundraising – You can organise your own fundraising event or join an existing one.
- Volunteering – You can volunteer with Centrepoint and help homeless young people in need.
- Shopping – You can shop at Centrepoint’s online store and help raise funds for their work.
Centrepoint is a charity dedicated to helping young people in need, providing them with the support and skills they need to lead independent and fulfilling lives. Centrepoint relies on donations from individuals and organisations to continue its work, and there are several ways you can help. By supporting Centrepoint, you can help make a difference in the lives of homeless young people in the UK.